Commercial Disinfection Services for Washington, DC
During the coronavirus pandemic, commercial disinfection services have become a critical component of day-to-day business operations. Businesses need to protect their employees and their customers in order to remain open, and exposure to COVID-19 requires a quick and delicate response.
If you require disinfection services, please call 855-957-6627
ServiceMaster NCR provides commercial cleaning and disinfection services for offices, military bases, and secure government buildings in Washington, DC. Our experienced and highly trained staff will work with you, from initial planning, to execution. We understand how much you value business continuity and we will work efficiently to get the job done with minimal interruption.
Our cleaning and disinfection services follow strict guidelines and the disinfectants we use are approved by the EPA. We have provided disinfection services for commercial buildings in past outbreaks including MRSA, Norovirus, and Tuberculosis, and we are currently working with businesses and government agencies to address COVID-19.
The cleaning products and disinfectants we use can be found within the EPA’s Emerging Viral Pathogen Policy. We will make sure the surfaces, objects, and areas in your building are cleaned and disinfected, not just sanitized, to ensure that dangerous pathogens are eliminated. We are also staying informed on the novel coronavirus by keeping in contact with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), healthcare professionals, and local and national government agencies.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19, or the coronavirus, is a respiratory disease that was first discovered at the end of 2019. The coronavirus is referred to as COVID-19 because this is an abbreviation of corona (CO) virus (VI) disease (D) and the year it was discovered (19). The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, trouble breathing, and coughing and the severity of the symptoms vary by case. The elderly and people with compromised immune systems and underlying conditions are the most at risk for severe symptoms. The coronavirus seems to be spreading person to person and from touching infected surfaces and it can take 2-14 days for symptoms to become apparent.
Check out the coronavirus FAQ from the CDC for more information about the symptoms.
Commercial Disinfection and Cleaning Services
Our technicians are prepared to clean and disinfect secure government buildings as well as schools, offices, and other commercial spaces to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We focus on cleaning high touch point surfaces and areas using EPA-registered cleaning products and disinfectants to ensure that your building is safe. We also protect ourselves by using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Our cleaning and disinfection services are completed within the guidelines of the CDC and WHO.
You can expect the following from our cleaning and disinfection services:
- • The air space within your building is treated as a precaution to neutralize airborne viral particles.
- • We clean and disinfect high touch point surfaces and objects such as desks, phones, light switches, door handles, bathroom fixtures, keyboards, countertops, and more.
- • To ensure thorough disinfection, we fog the building with a broad-spectrum biocide.
We have worked to clean and disinfect the following spaces:
- • Secure government buildings and military bases
- • Offices and workspaces
- • Childcare facilities
- • Assisting living facilities and nursing homes
- • Schools and universities
- • Gyms and fitness centers
- • Other commercial and public buildings
Businesses considered essential businesses will remain open during the coronavirus pandemic. If your business is open, follow these tips to prevent exposure to the coronavirus:
- • Instruct your employees to stay home if they are sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Consider being flexible with your policy regarding sick days. You can also have your employees work from home if your business allows.
- • Make sure your employees understand the importance of washing their hands frequently. You can also post signage near sinks as a reminder.
- • Have hand sanitizer that is at least 60 percent alcohol available for your employees.
- • Make sure your employees practice good etiquette by coughing and sneezing into a tissue or their elbow.
- • Enforce social distancing at the office by avoiding physical contact, giving 6 feet of space, and postponing meetings and outings.
Call ServiceMaster NCR for Cleaning and Disinfecting Services
The technicians at ServiceMaster NCR have experience treating commercial buildings during disease outbreaks and we are prepared to help protect your building from COVID-19 with our cleaning and disinfecting services. You can reach us at (703) 212-7000 for our disinfection services in Washington, DC area.
This guide from the CDC contains further information on preventing the spread of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html