ServiceMaster National Capital Restoration
Serving Alexandria, VA and Washington D.C. area since 1986
Call Now: (855) 957-6627
Residents of the Alexandria, VA and Washington, D.C. metro area have experienced a wide range of adverse weather conditions. Our local area is susceptible to thunderstorms that bring excessive wind, rain, and sometimes hail that can cause property damage. The biggest threats to the Alexandria and Washington, D.C. area are hurricanes and tornadoes. We have been hit by serious tornadoes in the past and we are close enough to the east coast to be drastically affected by hurricanes. Both types of storms can cause immense damage very quickly and put your life at risk. Homeowners and business owners in the area must be prepared for the possibility of both types of storms to help limit the potential damage to their property.
ServiceMaster NCR provides tornado and hurricane damage repair services to help restore homes and businesses in Alexandria, VA and the Washington, D.C. metro area that have been damaged by these storms. Our technicians are trained and equipped to handle any type of major storm damage from excessive flooding to serious structural damage. You must call our professionals for immediate restoration services after a storm because any hesitation will cause the damage to become worse.
Tornado Damage Restoration
Our local area is the most vulnerable to tornadoes from the spring through the fall. When a tornado occurs, it brings extremely high winds that can easily damage the shingles, roofing, siding, and windows of a home or building. These winds are also strong enough to knock over large objects like trees and utility poles that can crash through vehicles and buildings. The aftermath of a tornado can be dangerous as affected areas are littered with hazardous debris such as building materials, tree branches, broken glass, and sometimes downed powerlines. If there is a downed powerline on or near your property, stay clear of it and immediately call the utility company.
Tornado damage can be quite severe and if the affected home or building is not stabilized and repaired quickly, it may sustain worse damage or even collapse. You must call our professionals at ServiceMaster NCR right away after the storm so that we can stabilize your building and begin the cleanup and restoration. You can expect the following from our technicians in the aftermath of a tornado:
- Emergency Board Ups: Tornadoes tend to tear apart the outside of homes and buildings which can leave them dangerously unstable. We will board up the openings to secure your home and stabilize the structural core of the building to keep it standing.
- Tarping: If the tornado has severely damaged the roof, we will cover it with tarp to provide protection for the interior of the home.
- Debris Removal: Our technicians will clean up the debris on your property including glass, tree branches, and building materials.
- Reconstruction: After we have secured the building and cleared the debris from your property, we will begin the reconstruction process to rebuild the damage.
Natural Disaster Safety – Tornado Shelter Tips – Watch the ServiceMaster Video
Hurricane Damage Restoration
Our proximity to the Atlantic Ocean makes the Alexandria, VA and Washington, D.C. area vulnerable to the worst effects of a hurricane. Hurricanes not only bring strong wind and torrential rainfall, they also cause massive flooding that is
extremely dangerous. Floods from hurricanes build up quickly and cause extensive property damage to homes and buildings. This type of flooding also threatens the health and safety people in the affected areas as drowning is one of the leading causes of death in a hurricane. The flood water may also contain dangerous materials such as sewage, harmful microorganisms, and large debris.
At ServiceMaster NCR, we are ready to respond to massive flooding caused by a hurricane. We can effectively remove standing water from homes and buildings as well as clean up and repair the affected areas. Our technicians will provide the following restoration services following a hurricane:
- Water Damage Restoration: We are water damage restoration experts that have the equipment to help homes and buildings recover after experiencing large scale flooding. We will extract the standing water and set up powerful dehumidifiers and air movers to thoroughly dry the affected areas. We will then clean up and repair the water damaged objects and materials. Indoor flooding requires immediate attention because the flood water will get absorbed deeper within the affected materials which will lead to worse damage and cause mold.
- Tarping and Board Ups: Wind from hurricanes often causes serious damage to the roof, siding, and structural elements of homes and buildings. Our technicians will immediately board up and tarp your home or building to provide temporary stabilization until it can be properly repaired.
- Reconstruction: Our technicians are prepared to rebuild major structural damage to homes and buildings following a hurricane to return them to their original condition.
Hurricane Safety Tips – Watch the ServiceMaster Video
We highly recommend that homeowners and business owners in Alexandria, VA and the Washington, D.C. metro area remain vigilant for hurricanes and tornadoes and take the necessary precautions to protect their property. You can prevent significant damage to your property by taking the time to get your home or building prepared. If a hurricane or tornado does cause damage to your property, you must call ServiceMaster NCR immediately for tornado and hurricane restoration. We will help to limit and contain the damage, deal with any flooding, and provide reconstruction to rebuild the damage. You can call ServiceMaster NCR 24 hours a day at (855) 957-6627 for emergency storm damage restoration in the Alexandria, VA and Washington, D.C. area.