Mold Remediation for Del Ray and Potomac Yard, VA
Serving Del Ray and Potomac Yard, VA area since 1986
Call Now: (855) 957-6627
Few problems in a home are as troublesome as mold because mold growth is difficult to get rid of and it causes property damage as well as serious health issues. Mold can form in any home or building where it has a moisture source, and it finds food sources within household surfaces like drywall and wood which is why it can be so destructive. The biggest issue with mold growth is that it can spread so quickly by dispersing its spores which leads to more extensive property damage and a higher risk of serious health effects the longer it is left alone.
If the mold growth is not removed quickly enough, it will cause even deeper damage to the affected surfaces that could affect the structural integrity of the home or building. Any mold contamination that spreads beyond 10 square feet must be removed by a trained and equipped professional because attempting to remove mold without the proper training and equipment is dangerous and ineffective. ServiceMaster NCR provides complete mold remediation services that include accurate testing and removal for homes and businesses in Del Ray and Potomac Yard, VA. We use the InstaScope testing system to find all mold growth hidden in your home or building and our Trifect mold removal method is the least invasive and most cost-effective method of the industry.
Important Facts About Mold
The reason mold is difficult to keep out of your home or building is because there is always a certain concentration of mold spores in the air. Mold growth is also tricky to remove because improper cleaning will disturb mold colonies and cause them to release their spores which will make the problem worse. Our technicians not only have the right cleaning methods and equipment, but also have an understanding of mold that helps us remove it effectively. It is important to know the following mold facts:
- Mold spores are always present in the air.
- Mold spores from outside can come into your home through any opening.
- Moisture is all that is needed for the spores to become mold growth.
- Exposure to mold leads to allergic reactions including skin irritation, itchy eyes and throat, coughing, and nasal congestion. Long term exposure causes more serious problems like asthma or respiratory infections.
- If the source of the moisture is not fixed before the mold is removed, the mold growth is likely to return.
- Extensive mold growth can have a musty odor.
- Mold is likely to form in homes and buildings that have higher than 45 percent humidity.
Mold Remediation Process
Removing the mold is not enough for effective mold remediation. The entire home or building must be tested to find hidden mold so that all of it can be removed. The technicians of ServiceMaster NCR start by testing the home or building to find all hidden mold growth before beginning the mold remediation process.
InstaScope Testing System
We discover all hidden mold growth throughout a home or building using the highly accurate InstaScope testing system. With this system, we can test the level of airborne mold spores to determine which areas are most affected. We complete this testing with the following steps:
- We get a baseline measurement by testing the air outside the home or building.
- We test every room and compare the results to our baseline measurement to determine which areas have high levels of mold.
- Areas with high levels of mold are tested again to find hidden mold.
Trifect Mold Remediation Method
After the testing is done, we start removing the mold growth with the Trifect mold removal method. We developed this method as a cost effective and less invasive alternative to other methods of mold removal that involve removing drywall. Our Trifect mold remediation method can effectively remove hidden mold without removing the drywall, saving homeowners as much as 50 percent of the average cost of older removal methods. The following steps are included in the Trifect mold remediation method:
- Surface Application: We treat visible mold growth with a proprietary topical solution.
- MAG 50: Unsettled mold spores and hidden mold are removed using air scrubbers.
- Testing Verification: The InstaScope mold testing system is used to test the home or building again to confirm that there is no mold left behind.
Any mold growth you find in your home or business must be removed immediately before it causes serious structural damage or health issues. ServiceMaster NCR is ready to provide mold remediation services in De Ray and Potomac Yard, VA with our highly effective Trifect mold remediation method and InstaScope testing equipment. Our technicians will ensure that all mold growth is uncovered and removed without tearing apart your drywall. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (855) 957-6627 for more information.