Mold Remediation for Hybla Valley and Fort Hunt, VA
Serving Hybla Valley and Fort Hunt, VA area since 1986
Call Now: (855) 957-6627
Mold is a difficult problem to fully prevent in your home or building because mold spores are a natural presence in the air and they will form into mold growth upon meeting the right conditions. Moisture is usually the main trigger of mold growth and cellulose, an organic material commonly found in wood, drywall, and other household materials, is its main food source. You should never ignore any amount of mold growth in your home because doing so will only increase the risk of further property damage, health effects, and spreading of the growth.
Surfaces affected by mold growth are at risk for serious, even irreversible damage as the mold colonies can devour these materials to the point where they must be replaced. The other major problem with mold is that it can cause several health problems from allergic reactions to more serious issues like respiratory infections caused by long term exposure. It is highly recommended to hire a trained professional to handle mold remediation if the mold affects an area of 10 square feet or more. ServiceMaster NCR provides mold remediation services in Hybla Valley and Fort Hunt, VA to accurately test for and remove mold from homes and businesses. Our technicians find all mold growth with the InstaScope testing system and remove it effectively with our own Trifect mold remediation method.
Important Mold Facts
As stated above, mold spores are always present in the air which is why your home or building is constantly at risk for mold growth. Hiring a licensed professional like ServiceMaster NCR is important because we understand how mold forms as well as the best ways to remove and prevent it. The following are important facts about mold:
- There is a constant presence of mold spores both indoors and outdoors.
- Microscopic mold spores travel through the air and can enter a home or building through any opening including doors, windows, and HVAC systems.
- Mold needs moisture to form and any amount of moisture can result in the formation of mold colonies.
- Mold spores can cause allergies including coughing, nasal congestion, itchy eyes or throat, and skin irritation as well as serious respiratory infections or asthma.
- The moisture source must be located and fixed before starting the mold remediation process. Failing to address the moisture source will cause further mold issues.
- Mold colonies have an unpleasant, musty odor.
- Indoor humidity above 45 percent can trigger mold growth. It is important to keep the humidity in your home under control.
Mold Safety Tips – Prevent Mold Growth in the Bathroom
Mold Remediation Process
Mold has the potential to cause serious structural damage because it can weaken the affected materials which will compromise the structural integrity of your home or building. It is crucial for all mold growth, including hidden mold, to be uncovered and removed because if any mold is left behind, it will spread and become a problem again. At ServiceMaster NCR, our highly-trained technicians start with testing to find all mold growth before continuing with the remediation.
InstaScope Testing System
The InstaScope testing system is the most accurate mold testing system of the industry. This system measures the concentration of mold spores in the air to help us identify the areas of a home or building affected by mold growth. InstaScope testing is done in these steps:
- Testing of the air outside the home or building to use the mold concentration level as a baseline measurement.
- Testing of all rooms within the home or building to look for elevated levels of mold.
- Retesting of areas with elevated levels to look for hidden mold growth.
Trifect Mold Remediation
We begin our Trifect mold remediation process once we have completed the testing. This mold remediation process was developed by ServiceMaster NCR to be less intrusive and more cost effective than traditional methods of mold removal. With this method, we do not have to remove any drywall which simplifies the process and saves homeowners up to 50 percent of the cost of conventional methods. We complete the Trifect mold remediation process with the following steps:
- Surface Application: A proprietary topical solution is applied to visible mold growth.
- MAG 50: Air scrubbers are used to eliminate airborne and settled mold spores to help remove hidden mold growth.
- Testing Verification: After completing the mold remediation process, we will test the home or building again with InstaScope to make sure all mold has been removed.
You should never hesitate to react to mold growth in your home or building because the resulting damage will get worse and the risk of negative health effects will increase until the mold is removed. If you find mold growth in your home or business in Hybla Valley or Fort Hunt, VA, contact ServiceMaster NCR right away at (855) 957-6627. We provide effective mold remediation services with the best testing and remediation methods of the industry.