Mold Remediation for Franconia and Newington, VA
ServiceMaster National Capital Restoration
Serving Franconia and Newington, VA area since 1986
Call Now: (703) 212-7000
Mold growth is a very complicated and serious problem to deal with in your home. It can happen at any time because there is a constant natural presence of mold spores in the air. When the mold spores encounter an environment that has a moisture source and food source available, they form into mold colonies. Mold colonies typically affect surfaces and materials that provide it with a food source such as wood, insulation, drywall, and various fabrics. The mold can cause severe damage to these materials if given enough time and it will continue to disperse its spores which spreads the growth. The other major danger with mold growth is the health effects that include various allergic reactions like coughing, nasal congestion, skin irritation, and irritation of the eyes and throat. Long term exposure can also cause severe health issues like respiratory infections and asthma.
Mold growth in your home or building must be removed immediately. The damage caused by mold can go deep enough to cause severe structural damage that requires extensive restoration and repairs. If the mold growth covers an area that is larger than 10 square feet, you must call a professional like ServiceMaster NCR. We provide professional mold remediation services in Franconia and Newington, VA with our advanced mold testing and innovative mold removal method. We will discover all hidden mold in your home or building with the accurate InstaScope testing system and remove it effectively with our unique Trifect mold removal method.
Important Mold Facts
If you find significant mold growth, chances are there is mold in hidden areas as well. Mold can grow literally anywhere in a home or building and the only way to eliminate the problem is to remove every bit of mold growth in visible and hidden areas. Attempting to clean up mold yourself is difficult without the right equipment, and very dangerous. Improper cleaning methods will distress the mold and cause it to release its spores which will spread the growth and make the potential health effects more likely. Our technicians understand the nature of mold growth and we have the training, equipment, and experience to handle any mold problem.
Homeowners should understand these mold facts to react accordingly:
- Mold spores are a consistent natural presence.
- Mold spores can get into your home or building through the air or attached to various materials.
- Mold growth is triggered by water or excess moisture.
- Any exposure to mold can trigger allergies, prolonged exposure increases the risk of serious infections.
- The source of the excess moisture must be repaired to prevent future mold growth.
- Mold colonies give off a musty odor.
- Your home or building is at risk for mold if the humidity is higher than 45 percent.
Mold Remediation Process
Effective mold remediation requires thorough testing to find hidden mold growth, followed by complete remediation to remove all growth. ServiceMaster NCR understands the importance of thorough mold testing which is why we begin with InstaScope testing.
InstaScope Testing System
The InstaScope testing system provides accurate mold testing by detecting the level of mold spores in the air. This helps us find hidden mold colonies and identify the most heavily affected areas. InstaScope mold testing is done in the following steps:
- Testing of the outside air to use the natural mold concentration as a baseline measurement.
- Testing of every room to compare the mold levels to the baseline measurement.
- Areas with elevated mold levels are retested to locate hidden mold growth.
Trifect Mold Removal
Our technicians will start with our Trifect mold removal method once the testing is complete. This unique mold removal method was developed by ServiceMaster NCR to remove mold effectively without removing drywall and ceilings. The result is less invasive mold removal that costs up to 50 percent less than traditional mold removal methods that involve removing drywall. The Trifect mold removal method consists of the following steps:
- Surface Application: A proprietary topical solution is applied to visible mold growth.
- MAG 50: Our MAG 50 sub-micron disinfectant removes airborne mold and mold in hidden areas.
- Testing Verification: We retest the home or building after the mold remediation process to ensure that the mold concentration is back to an acceptable level.
The problems caused by mold, whether its property damage or health issues, will worsen until the mold is removed from the home or building. At ServiceMaster NCR, we can effectively test for and remove mold from homes and businesses in Franconia and Newington, VA. The Trifect mold testing system provides accurate results in real time and our Trifect mold remediation method will save you time and money compared to traditional methods. Give us a call any time at (703) 212-7000 to learn more about our innovative mold remediation services.