- Homeowners must act quickly regarding water damage to avoid the hidden risks associated with mold growth, structural damage, electrical hazards, bacterial infections, or long-term problems.
- Homeowners’ insurance may cover the repair costs related to water damage; however, it’s important to contact specialists to mitigate and restore property pre-damage conditions.
- Timely response and professional treatment of water damage are vital to protect against possible health hazards, property destruction, and expensive repairs in the future.
- ServiceMaster NCR offers 24/7 emergency services for Arlington, VA, residents with certified technicians skilled at restoring properties affected by water damage to their pre-existing condition.
Have you recently experienced water damage in Arlington, VA, at your home? If so, you may have found yourself facing costly repairs and restorations. Your homeowner’s insurance may cover many of these expenses, but to receive the entire amount of the covered restoration expenses, you must diligently document the damages. From pictures to detailed lists and invoices, you must provide every detail to support your claim and work with water restoration experts for the best results.
This blog post looks at the top three hidden dangers of water damage and explains why it is critical to turn to professionals for help when dealing with water damage in your home.
1. Health Hazards | Water Damage In Arlingto, VA
Mold growth is a significant health risk associated with water damage. Mold spores can be found in damp or moist areas and quickly cause respiratory issues, allergies, and infections. Even if mold is invisible to the naked eye, it can cause significant health issues.
Besides mold infestation, you must consider the potential for bacterial growth, pest infestations, and dust accumulation. The damp environment makes it attractive for these health hazards to increase and spread quickly. You may develop headaches, nausea, and other symptoms without knowing the cause.
2. Structural Damage
When water seeps into your home’s walls, floors, and other structural elements, it can cause significant problems. Moisture can weaken support beams and foundations, leading to increased repair bills.
You may find your walls and ceilings riddled with cracks or see evidence of wood rot caused by water damage. Also, mold and mildew can create problems, including discoloration and an unpleasant odor.
3. Electrical Hazards
Water can infiltrate electrical circuits and damage appliances, making them a safety hazard. Electrical shock, damage to your home’s electrical network, or even fire can result from attempting to use, repair, or replace damaged wiring or appliances without professional help.
Never touch electrical components or wirings with wet hands, as it may cause electric shock. Additionally, if you experience flooding, shut off the power and unplug all appliances before cleaning them or attempting to remove water from your home.
Get Help from IICRC Certified Experts to Repair and Restore Your Home After Water Damage in Arlington, VA
ServiceMaster NCR is a trusted specialized water damage restoration company in Arlington, VA. Our experienced IICRC-certified technicians are trained to quickly assess the extent of the damage and develop an effective action plan to restore your home.
Our restoration services are available 24/7, so you can contact us anytime or night for emergency assistance.