Mold Inspection Tips for your Bathroom
The bathroom is one of the most important and most used rooms of any home. Everyone in a given household uses the bathroom multiple times a day which results in plenty of water being used on a daily basis. The plumbing fixtures and high level of moisture make the bathroom a common spot for mold growth which can cause considerable damage once it appears. You should always be checking your bathroom for any sings of mold so you can take care of the problem before it results in major damage. The following mold prevention tips can help you prevent bathroom mold.
1. Use a Moisture Meter: Moisture meters are a very inexpensive investment and they can help you discover areas with high levels of moisture that are prone to mold growth or water damage.
2. Check the Sink: Sink faucets are a common source of moisture that can lead to bathroom mold. Turn on the water to make sure the sink is working properly and check the pipes underneath the counter for any leaks.
3. Check the Toilet: Toilets are another major source of leaks that can lead to significant water damage or mold growth. Inspect the component parts of the toilet to make sure they are attached properly and check around the bowl for any leaks. You should also flush the toilet to make sure it is flushing properly.
4. Check Bathtub and Shower Fixtures: Turn on the water in your bathtub and check for any leaks or excess moisture around the fixtures and tub. Check the outside of the tub as well to make sure it is properly sealed to the floor. Next, turn on the shower and look for any leaks around the shower head.
5. Use Exhaust Fan: Most bathrooms are equipped with an exhaust fan to help reduce the level of moisture. If you take hot showers, you should have the fan on during and after the shower to reduce moisture and condensation.
Moisture is the biggest cause of mold growth in the home which is why it is very important to control and reduce the level of moisture in your bathroom. Performing this mold inspection will help you prevent bathroom mold by identifying and addressing any moisture issues. If you find mold in your bathroom despite your best efforts to prevent it, you must call ServiceMaster NCR for mold removal. We are a leading provider of mold remediation services in the Washington, DC area and we use innovative mold removal methods and technology to effectively remove mold in a non-invasive and cost effective manner.
Watch the ServiceMaster video below for a demonstration of these mold inspection tips.