Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
ServiceMaster Fire Damage Restoration and Smoke Cleanup Services
Serving Alexandria VA and Washington DC area since 1986
Call Now: (855) 957-6627
√ Fast Response 24 HR/365 Days
√ Highly Trained IICRC Certified Technicians
√ Proprietary Processes and Equipment – State-of-the-Art Technology
√ A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
√ Locally Owned and Operated – 30,000 sf Secured Facility
Fire Damage Restoration
A fire is one of the biggest fears of any home or business owner because it can cause extensive property damage and greatly threaten the safety of your family or employees. Once the fire is extinguished, it is still possible for damage to spread as burned synthetic materials can emit dangerous chemicals and corrosive byproducts can cause soot damage to become permanent. When a fire or smoke disaster occurs on your property, call ServiceMaster of National Capital Restoration for fire and smoke damage restoration services in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Washington, D.C., Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Fort Washington, and Metro Washington DC. ServiceMaster NCR has been cleaning and restoring fire and smoke damaged structures throughout the Washington, D.C. metro area for 28 years.
Our technicians are trained and certified in fire and smoke damage restoration and continue to be updated weekly. . We use only the best methods, equipment, and cleaning products of the industry to completely restore fire damaged homes, furnishings and personal belongings.
Our complete fire damage cleanup process includes these steps:
- Pre-cleaning of affected areas
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Cleaning of damaged surfaces
- Odor removal
Smoke Damage Restoration
ServiceMaster NCR not only cleans up and repairs fire damaged structure and contents, we also clean up soot damage caused by the smoke. Using the right chemical combinations, our technicians can effectively remove smoke damage from a variety of delicate household surfaces such as brass, marble, aluminum, porcelain, stainless steel, and fabrics including upholstery and carpeting. We can also remove lingering smoke odors from the air, furnishings and structural elements of your home.
If your home or business has sustained considerable damage from a fire, do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster NCR immediately for fire and smoke damage restoration services in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We can work with your insurance provider to help the claims process and we have a reputation within the insurance industry for quality, integrity and excellent service.
Contact us here or call us at (703) 212-7000.
What to Do After a Fire
1. Call your insurance company immediately after a fire.
2. Contact ServiceMaster NCR so the fire damage cleanup process can begin quickly.
3. Make sure to notify your mortgage company of the fire as well.
4. If you’re not sure that the home is structurally safe, have it inspected by a certified structural engineer or building inspector before going near.
- Take pictures of all exterior damage, noting broken windows or entrances that are no longer secure.
- Make arrangements to board-up broken windows and secure the property during the cleanup and restoration process.
- Shut off propane tank systems and make an appointment for it to be inspected for safety.
- Do not attempt to reconnect utilities on your own.
- Be aware that rodents, snakes, or other animals may have entered your home.
Inside the home:
- Don’t flip on electrical switches in any room with standing water from firefighting efforts.
- Don’t enter any room if you hear popping or see sparking.
- Turn off the power at the main electrical panel.
- Try not to touch anything covered with soot; it’s easy to transfer it to other areas of the home, making the cleaning process more difficult.
- Wear closed-toe shoes or boots, long sleeves, long pants and gloves to protect against soot and any other contaminants as you go through the home.
- Try to locate important papers and other documents that you’ll need.
- Handle burned money as little as possible. You can take its remains to a Regional Federal Reserve Bank for replacement.
- Begin taking inventory of the building damage and all damaged items.
- Begin saving receipts for any expenses incurred after the fire. These may be needed when filing insurance claims.
Call ServiceMaster NCR at (703) 212-7000 – we are here to help 24/7/365.